Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chicken soup must be cooked in a slow cooker...

because if you rush things and turn up the flame, a few things could happen. 1) The water runs dry and you end up with a burnt pot, 2) The chicken gets overcooked and the meat disintegrates, 3) The soup obtained is not clear, 4) You use up more energy (and fuel) and end up with horrible soup, 5) Even if you don't mind all the above, the handles of the pot are too hot to handle. This time round, I want soup the way I want it. I want to concentrate on preparing the best soup that I can have. After all, the fun is in the making of the soup. Drinking it is the final and most obvious last step. Chicken soup, if prepared properly, can heal the soul (how cliche). The clear soup will purge the body of toxins and wash away any remnants. Lately, I seem to have discovered the recipe for making the soup. Now on understanding the steps, I start to understand why the last soup I had tasted sour.

Maybe all I need is some patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home